Application calls for EIT Manufacturing programmes
The application call for EIT Manufacturing programmes is OPEN.
Application call for 2022/2024 OPEN
If you choose Politecnico di Milano as one of your preferences for the first year, please consider the following instructions, according to your citizenship and country of bachelor studies. In particular, international applicants (graduated outside Italy) are required to submit also a local application on the Online Services of Polimi, in addition to the main EIT Manufacturing application.
Consider your profile and carefully follow the instructions in the proper tab below
Specific Instructions for International Applicants
If you intend to select Politecnico di Milano as one possible entry destination in your EIT Manufacturing study trajectory, and if you have a degree obtained outside Italy, you should submit also a local application through the Online Services of Polimi in addition to the main EIT Manufacturing application. Your Polimi application will be linked by our Student Office to your main EIT Manufacturing application and it will be subject to the final results of the general selection process at EIT Manufacturing level.
Deadlines for 2023/24
In period 1, consider the following deadlines:
- EIT Manufacturing Application: by 1 February 2023 h. 23.59 (UTC)
- Polimi local application for international students (EU and non EU citizens): by 1 February 2023
In period 2 (not recommended for non-EU applicants), consider the following deadlines:
- EIT Manufacturing Application: by 31 March 2023 h. 23.59 (UTC)
- Polimi local application for international students (only EU citizens): by 31 March 2023
- Polimi local application for international students (NON-EU citizens): by 2 March 2023
How to apply at Polimi level
Your local application through Polimi Online Services requires only a few steps and it’s done entirely online.
- First of all, you need to register for Polimi Online Services: https://www.polimi.it/en/online-services/
- Then, fill out the online application form on Polimi Online Services, labelled: “Apply to a Master of Science programme (only for international and Italian candidates graduated abroad): Submit online application form, results release and enrolment“
- Depending on the chosen EIT study path, applicants should apply for a specific local MSc programme:
- Candidates for Additive Manufacturing for Full Flexibility must apply for the master degree in Mechanical Engineering (Campus Milano Bovisa)
- Candidates for Zero-Defect Manufacture for a Circular Economy must apply for the master degree in Mechanical Engineering (Campus Milano Bovisa)
- Candidates for Platforms for Digitalized Value Network must apply for the master degree in Management Engineering
- Upload the required documents (you can provide the same application documents that you are using for the main EIT Manufacturing application on the Master School’s portal)
More information about the local application process can be found here.
NOTICE: The Polimi’s application fee and administrative fee are waived if you want to apply only to the EIT Manufacturing Master School programmes. Please, ignore the last step with the payment request and ignore any automated reminders/emails asking for the Polimi application fee. As such, your local application is considered only for the EIT Manufacturing study tracks and your final admission to POLIMI is subordinated to the results of the central EIT Manufacturing selection process.
Only if you intend to apply to Polimi for its local programmes and want to be evaluated independently of the final admission results on EIT Manufacturing side, then the Polimi’s application fee and administrative fees are due, like for all the other Polimi applicants. In this case, your application can be considered also for the local master degree programmes, in case your EIT Manufacturing application is not successful.
Students with a bachelor from Applied Science Universities (i.e. SUPSI) cannot apply for Polimi
Specific Instructions for Applicants from Italian Universities (Laurea Triennale)
If you have obtained (or if you are completing) the Laurea Triennale in Italy, you just need to apply through the EIT Manufacturing Application Portal
Deadlines for 2023/24
Consider the following deadlines:
- EIT Manufacturing application period 1: 1 February 2023
- EIT Manufacturing application period 2: 31 March 2023
What you need to do
No additional local application to Politecnico di Milano is needed at this early stage. If you are successfully accepted to EIT Manufacturing Master School with Polimi as your first-year university, we will follow up directly with you about the next steps for enrolment at Polimi level.Local registration to Politecnico di Milano opens yearly from July to August, with enrolment by mid September.
Bachelor graduation is required by October for finalizing the local enrolment.
After the results of the selection process at EIT Manufacturing level, accepted candidates will receive the study offer and will be invited to apply to Polimi for the respective master degree programmes:
- Students admitted to Additive Manufacturing for Full Flexibility will enrol at Polimi for the master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Students admitted to Zero-Defect Manufacture for a Circular Economy will enrol at Polimi for the master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Students admitted to Platforms for Digitalized Value Network will enrol at Polimi for the master degree in Management Engineering
We strongly encourage you to get in touch with our dedicated staff in advance, for any advice on your application, writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available for orientation interviews and we may provide guidance along the admission process.
NOTICE: This programme at Polimi is most suited for students coming from engineering studies.
If you are a student from an Engineering bachelor degree (Laurea Triennale) at Politecnico di Milano, you can obtain the required academic documentation for your application (proof of current enrolment or degree certificate, transcript of records with all the exams passed), writing an email to email@example.com. We offer dedicated support to EIT Manufacturing applicants, let’s get in touch!
Study trajectory: entry and exit university
In your EIT Manufacturing application, you can express preferences for entry universities and exit universities, where to study during the first and the second year respectively. We invite you to put Politecnico di Milano as your first preference for the entry university.
In the end, based on the availability of places at each university and on their evaluation of your application, you will receive a study offer on a specific trajectory of entry-exit university combination.
Required documents for your EIT Manufacturing application
Check directly on the EIT Manufacturing website the documentation that you need to prepare for your application.
Language requirements for Polimi as entry university
If you choose Polimi for the first year, make sure that you have a valid English proficiency test that meets the EIT Manufacturing requirements. You must submit a valid English proficiency proof along with your application through the EIT Manufacturing portal.
- IELTS >= 6.5, with no section lower than 6
- CAE: grades A-C are accepted
- CPE: grades A-C are accepted
- TOEFL IBT >= 93 (minimum 21 for writing, 19 in the other sections)
- English test results from TOEFL should be sent directly from the ETS test centre to the EIT Manufacturing Master School Office. (EIT Manufacturing Master School code number: C898)
English proficiency tests are waived for applicants who:
- have completed a bachelor degree given in English at a university in an EU/EFTA country. The instruction language of the bachelor degree has to be stated in the degree certificate or its supplement, or in the transcript of records
- have completed a bachelor degree given in English at a university that is physically located in one of the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand
Tips for improving your CV and Letter of Motivation
On the EIT Manufacturing application portal, among the other required documents, you also need to upload a CV and a letter of motivation with a business idea that shows your entrepreneurial mindset and potential as tomorrow’s innovator. You can find some advice here!
For further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org