Platforms for Digitalized Value Network
What is this programme about?
The programme is a combination of studying manufacturing science including the usage and adoption of advanced digital solutions and platforms. In Platforms for digitalized value Networks, relevant study fields include modelling and simulation, virtual prototyping, system engineering, industrial processes and operations. Students will learn the latest theoretical knowledge and know-how to apply their skills in practical real-life problems.
What are the areas of application?
Typical application areas are: cyber-physical systems (CPS), information system management, digital monitoring. During the programme students will gain new skills in these areas.
A student who graduates from the Platform for digitalized value network programme shall be able to:
- have broad knowledge of theories and concepts in cyber physical systems, Information system management, digital monitoring
- critically, independently and creatively participate in strategic work to meet manufacturing related problems and to be able to relate these measures to sustainable social development
- implement the gained engineering expertise to create new or improved methods, techniques, products, and services in the field
- think beyond traditional disciplinary boundaries to find innovative solutions to real world problems and to come up with new ideas
- draw up plans and to make decisions foreseeing future consequences from a scientific, ethical, and societal perspective
- turn innovations in the area into feasible and successful business solutions
- profitably work in teams and multidisciplinary contexts by taking into account all relevant elements
- showing effective decision making and leadership abilities
What is the first year syllabus at Polimi?
Master degree framework at Politecnico di Milano: Management Engineering
|First Semester||ECTS||Second Semester|
|Technical courses (40 ECTS)|
|Accounting, Finance & Control||10|
|I&E Minor (20 ECTS)|
|Strategy & Marketing||10|
|10||Leadership & Innovation|